We are recruiting a Technical Procurement Manager
June 14th 2019
Job Title: Technical Procurement Manager
Reporting To: Head of Technical Operations
Location: Bristol, UK
ABOUT BEYOND THE BEAN
For over 20 years we have built solid and sustainable relationships with our customers by delivering great products to make coffee and great ingredients to enhance it. Through building long term partnerships, we have become the leading supplier to the café bar industry, offering creative beverage solutions and menu category management. We’ve been voted the ‘Best Food and Non-coffee Supplier in Europe’ at the prestigious Allegra awards two years running. Exporting to over 50 countries we continue to grow, thrive and lead in the industry we love.
We now manufacture our range of Sweetbird Syrups exclusively in our very own bespoke production facility in Bristol and due to continued growth are now in a position to add a keen Technical individual with a commercial aptitude to our operations team.
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day management of all supplied product and materials purchased by Beyond the Bean, ensuring that these are manufactured in line with brand, technical, legal and food safety requirements. While this role sits within a technical function, a significant part is procurement driven, so you will also have an ability to negotiate cost of goods while developing and maintaining strong working relationships with all suppliers and partners. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned technical professional to join a rapidly expanding business in a buzzing environment as part of newly invigorated technical function striving towards technical excellence.
- The candidate with have extensive technical product and process knowledge, including auditing skills with a HND or Degree in food related subject.
- Commercial exposure would be ideal along with financial awareness.
- Seasoned negotiator and influencer at the most senior levels of business (internally and externally).
- Be a strong team player and interact closely with other members of the technical function.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Broad business knowledge and understanding
- Computer literate to advanced level.
- Must have a positive/personable attitude at all times.
- Ownership and responsibility for achieving personal growth and development for self.
- Ability to travel, including abroad, extensively within Europe.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV accompanied by a covering letter to: Nick Donnelly, Head of Technical Operations at email@example.com