The fine print
We’re looking to form an on-going partnership with the BTB Barista Bursary, so we want to make sure everyone is fully on-board from the start. Below are the full details of the Bursary.
- Finalists must not be affiliated with any other industry supplies company and will be required to have an understanding of Beyond the Bean.
- The winner will wear BTB branded apron during heats.
- The winner will attend all press or events that BTB deem necessary for the promotion of the event to a maximum of 5 days (paid for at BTB expense).
- The winner will mention the BTB Barista Bursary in all press/media in regards to the competitions.
Brew a cuppa and settle in. Here’s our fine print in full…
- Entry is open to UK residents only.
- Applicants must be eligible to compete in the UKBC.
- The promoter is Beyond the Bean whose registered office is at Unit 6, Cala Trading Estate, Ashton Vale Road, Bristol, BS3 2HA.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- There is no application fee and no purchase necessary to apply to the BTB Bursary.
- Entry for the competition and details of how to apply can be found at www.beyondthebean.com/barista-bursary.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 30/11/2016.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received.
- The rules of the BTB Bursary and how to apply are as follows:
- Share a 3 minute (or shorter) video application to www.beyondthebean.com/barista-bursary/how-to-apply/ stating why you should be chosen for this bursary. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to Bristol (expenses paid) to meet a panel of judges on 08/12/2016 and present their case in person. The winner will then be chosen and announced.
- Beyond the Bean reserves the right to cancel or amend the BTB Bursary without notice.
- Beyond the Bean is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: Pre-heats: Finalists to be given pre agreed travel expenses to judging day in Bristol UKBC Regional Heats: £500 towards regional heat to be spent on expenses £100 credit towards BTB range. 1 day training with a past WBC judge (travel expenses paid). UKBC Semi / Final: £1,000 towards national £200 credit towards BTB range. 1 day training with a past WBC judge (travel expenses paid) What if you win UKBC: 1st place £2017 prize 2nd £500 Top six £250
- World Barista Championships: If barista qualifies to represent UK – an additional fund of £2.5k towards expenses, plus assistance with shipping.
- Access to BTB training room in Bristol for practice in preparation for events.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by Beyond the Bean.
- The winner will be notified on the judging day. If for any reason the winning barista is unable to continue with the competitions, no future funds will be paid. We reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available the following day after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beyond the Bean also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- By applying to this competition, an applicant is indicating his/her agreement to these terms and conditions.